“Business, more than any other occupation,is a continual dealing with the future ;it is a continual calculation, an instinctive exercise in foresight.”
Look Into The Future assesses the analytical fineness of the aspiring managers from leading B-schools as well as industry experts by scrutinizing the intricacies of past financial statements and performance of high profile companies to foretell the coming future keeping in mind the current business scenario.
Preliminary Round : Online Quiz
Short Listed teams will be called on campus for the final round during CATALYST 2017.
- Final Round will be held on campus.
- Shortlisted teams will be allotted a company name through the email id of their team once they are shortlisted.
- Team has to project the growth pattern, revenue expectations, the expected size of business of their allotted company for next two years. All the projections should be in line of company’s current as well as past balance sheets, revenue generated and their business portfolios as well as any business announcements made by them. Team has to analyse company’s record of past 2 years (i.e., current financial year and previous financial year) and project future for next 2 financial years.
- The team may come with Power point presentation or with some innovative idea of presenting their report.
- Time allotted to each team is maximum of 20 minutes.
- They will be judged by experts from the industry looking after the financial portfolios of their respective firms.
- Some of the judging criteria will be :-
- Synchronization with the company’s current as well as past balance sheets.
- Company’s current business portfolio, their business strategy as well as their announced diversification plans.
- Team’s understanding of the basic domain of corporate finance, their know-how of different financial terms as well as their application.
- Registration Procedure will be announced later on.
- The details and registration link regarding the event will be published on event site.
First Prize : Rs. 5,000 *
Second Prize : Rs. 3,000 *
Participants shortlisted for the final round will be awarded certificates.
"The rules, point format for the event described and prize money are liable to change at any point of time. SPM Annual Fest Committee, SPM reserves the right to change the same."
|Registration Opens||21st Dec 2015|
|Registration Closes||9th Jan 2017|
|Preliminary Round Starts||10th Jan 2017|
|Preliminary Round Closes||13th Jan 2017|
|Preliminary Round Result||15th Jan 2017|
|Final round on campus||20th Jan 2017|